Pursuing The Rights Of Car Accident Victims
Vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the country. Automobiles lead the pack when it comes to vehicle deaths and injuries. In 2009, according to the CDC, more than 2.3 million adult drivers and car passengers went to the emergency room for treatment for their injuries. Many car accident victims need long-term treatment for broken bones, soft tissues, nerve damage, brain, back and neck injuries. Insurance companies work for corporations, not you. Don’t settle or sign any papers until you’ve spoken to legal counsel.
Our Auto Accident Experience
At Garber Law, we won’t treat you as a statistic. Since 1986, we’ve been helping victims of New Jersey and Pennsylvania motor vehicle and auto accidents negotiate with insurance companies and try cases before juries.
We prepare all our cases as if they’re going to trial. Trial is where you can get the highest award. Insurance companies are more likely to settle when they know you’re attorney is ready to try your case before a jury. Our office has successfully tried numerous personal injury cases in New Jersey and Pennsylvania courts. If a loved one has died, we bring wrongful death lawsuits.
Types Of Auto Accidents
We work with the police report, police officers and witnesses to prove fault. Where necessary we also work with engineers and traffic reconstruction experts. We know that how your accident happened directly impacts the type of injury you have, the type of award you may receive and the ability to prove another person was at fault.
- Rear-end collisions – There’s really no excuse for being rear-ended. The driver of the at-fault car was usually going to fast or was distracted. Soft tissue issues and whiplash are the common result.
- Head-on collisions – Here, one car is usually going the wrong way or is in the wrong line. These accidents are serious and can be deadly.
- T-bone accidents – In this type of accident, the front of one car collides with the side of another. These accidents often happen at intersections, when one driver failed to yield or ran a stop sign. Like head-on collisions, these accidents are serious and deadly.
- Sideswipes – Sometimes the sides of two cars will collide. This happens, for example, when traffic lanes are merging. These accidents can cause the cars to collide with other cars as well.
What Damages Can You Collect?
New Jersey and Pennsylvania each have insurance laws which determine which insurance company (yours or the person at fault) pays medical bills, lost wages, property damage and pain and suffering. We’ll guide you through the no-fault and fault laws and the legal process so you can focus on your health and family.
- Medical bills – Garber Law works with medical care providers to make sure you focus on your recovery and that your medical bills are paid. We work to understand the short and long term care you need. We also focus on bills for medications and medical equipment.
- Lost wages – We work to get you your lost wages and any other lost employee benefits such as lost pension benefits.
- Pain and suffering – Even a minimal injury can prevent you from enjoying eating, sleeping, spending time with your family. A major injury can make you feel like you don’t even want to get out of paid. We’ll work to make sure the insurance company and jury understands your daily discomfort and compensates you for it. Your spouse may also have a claim because they can’t enjoy your company like before.
- Disfigurement – If any part of your body, such as your face, is scarred, you have a right to compensation against the party at fault.
- Death – when death tragically occurs, we work with your family to ask for a unique set of damages to compensate you for your loss.
Contact Our Car Accident Attorneys Today
When you or a loved one has been injured or killed because of a motor vehicle accident or any accident, you need to contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Garber Law. We will help you get the recovery you deserve.
We have evening and weekend appointments available and will also make off-site and hospital visits. We serve clients in New Jersey and in the greater Philadelphia metro area. Contact us online or call us today for a free consultation at 856-281-1292.