Ford Issues Five Recalls of Defective Trucks and SUVs
May 06, 2016
Ford Motor Company announced five different recalls of faulty vehicles, including the automotive company’s popular series of F-150 trucks. The total amount of Ford-manufactured vehicles that are subject to recall is 285,000, with most of the recalled cars, trucks and SUVs coming from the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The five recalls include:
- Recall #1: Ford and Lincoln are recalling more than 200,000 vehicles, including the 2011-2012 Ford F-150, 2012 Ford Expedition, Ford Mustang and Lincoln Navigator. The vast majority of the recalled vehicles are manufactured in the U.S. This recall was necessitated by a transmission issue in the vehicles, with the output speed sensor dangerously causing the cars to downshift into first gear without notice and increasing the risk of a serious auto accident. To date, Ford has been made aware of three accidents caused by the sudden downshifting.
- Recall #2: Ford is recalling more than 81,000 Ford Explorers, with most of the vehicles manufactured in the U.S. and Canada. The issue with the SUVs is that poor weld quality in the suspension systems can cause the rear suspension to fracture and make it extremely difficult for the driver to maintain steering control. Ford is aware of at least one accident caused by cracked suspension.
- Recall #3: Fewer than 200 vehicles, including the 2007-2012 Ford Flex, Ford Taurus, Lincoln MKS and Mercury Sable, are being recalled due to defective airbags. In some vehicle collisions, the airbags might not deploy properly.
- Recall #4: A total of 39 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured in 2016 are being recalled because of an issue with the driver seat track assembly.
- Recall #5: More than 2,500 Ford F-Series Super Duty vehicles are being recalled due to an issue with the tires. Some tires were reportedly damaged during the assembly process, which could lead to rupturing later on.
Consumers who own any of the recalled vehicles should be receiving notices in the mail. Anyone currently driving one of these vehicles is asked to get in touch with Ford customer service.
For additional information about this product recall, read the Christian Science Monitor article, “Ford Recalls 285K Explorers, F-150s, and More with Transmission, Suspension Problems.”
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, whether it’s due to the negligence of another driver or a faulty auto part, you need to talk to a qualified NJ and PA personal injury attorney. The experienced personal injury and product liability lawyers at Garber Law, P.C. understand the pain you are going through and will fight to get you the compensation you need, want and deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation about your case.
Garber Law, P.C. Has Achieved Numerous
Multi-Million Dollar Results
Get The Compensation You Deserve!
Settlements and verdicts may vary and are based on the many factors of your case, etc.
(The below information may not apply to your settlement and verdict).
$10 Million Dollars
Settlement During Trial for a Leg Amputation
★Mr. Garber is amazing! He walked me through my lawsuit every step of the way and answered all of my questions. Not only is he a great lawyer, but he was very caring about my feelings and health throughout the whole process. Thank you, Mr. Garber, for everything you’ve done for me, especially for winning my case!
★Working with the firm was my best decision. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable and definitely worked hard for their clients. I would highly recommend them.
★Mr. Garber is simply the best. Very knowledgeable, honest, and helpful throughout the whole process. He has been practicing law for many years and is a true professional in the courtroom. Joel Wayne Garber will fight hard for what you deserve.