Slips and Falls in New Jersey
One minute you are walking through your favorite retailer and the next, you slip and fall on the wet floor. Everyone nearby immediately surrounds you, asking you if you are okay. There is mention of calling an ambulance but you’re still not even sure what happened. This is an all too common situation and the next steps you take may be more important than you think.
Important Elements in a Cherry Hill Slip and Fall Case
If another party is responsible for the injuries you suffer from a slip and fall accident, it is crucial that we demonstrate the following elements:
- Ownership or responsibility of the property owner: The person who is responsible for your damages must either own or manage the property. They must have a legal duty of care to your well-being.
- Awareness of danger: The property owner must have also been aware of, and breached their duty of care that led to the danger. Whether the property owner failed to warn others of the danger or skipped over important steps like inspections that could lead to a dangerous situation, they may be held liable.
- Causation: The negligent actions of the property owner must have been the direct cause of your injury.
- Actual damages: In order to seek compensation, there must be actual damages present.
Important Steps to Take After a Winslow Slip and Fall
In order to protect your case and your eligibility to collect compensation, it is important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical care: Failing to seek medical care following a slip and fall can make it difficult to connect the danger to the injury. Always seek medical care immediately following a slip and fall accident.
- Document the process: Documentation will be necessary to build your case. Keep record of all medical visits, conversations, and witnesses.
- Seek legal counsel: Missing any of these important elements can deem you ineligible for compensation. Working with a personal injury lawyer can help you build your case while also identifying the responsible party and their negligence.
Damages in a Collingswood Slip and Fall Case
The damages from a slip and fall case are often much greater than the initial injury. Your injury may require extended medical care and time off work. You may also find it difficult to keep up with household costs while you recover. Additionally, depending on the extent of your injuries, you may require lifelong care or physical therapy and rehabilitation services to get better. The team of personal injury lawyers at Garber Law will work hard to collect the compensation that you need to move past your slip and fall injury. We have years of experience and our team is ready to navigate the most complex of slip and fall cases. Let us help you take some of the financial impact off of your recent injury.
Contact a Voorhees Personal Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Slip and Fall Case in New Jersey
Did you or a loved one sustain serious injuries due to a slip and fall accident in New Jersey? Don’t let the medical bills pile up while you wait for the negligent party or their insurance company to do the right thing. Right now, you need an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need, want, and deserve. The skilled attorneys at Garber Law represent clients injured because of slip and fall accidents in Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester Township, Winslow, Pennsauken, Voorhees, Lindenwold, Haddon Township, Collingswood, Haddonfield and throughout New Jersey. Call 856-281-1480 or email us to schedule a consultation about your case. We have an office conveniently located at 1200 Laurel Oak Rd, Voorhees Township, NJ 08043.