Off-Road Vehicle Accident Attorneys Atlantic County NJ
Dirt bikes, quads, dune buggies, ATVs, jet skis and snowmobiles all provide a great deal of pleasure to their owners. Many operators are young and have not yet obtained their drivers’ licenses. Some are older drivers who just want to have a good time. Because these vehicles are not driven on the main roads, many off road vehicle operates don’t need a permit. Some off-road vehicles, like powered watercraft vehicles, require the operator have a license. Other off-road vehicles may not require that the operator have a license. NJ and PA each have their own set of requirements. The attorneys of Garber Law understand those requirements. We serve both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We have been practicing personal injury law for over 28 years. If you’ve been involved in an off-road vehicle accident in Atlantic County or elsewhere in NJ or PA, contact our firm now. We will help you get the recovery you deserve.
Off Road Requirements
- Most off-road vehicles have an age requirement.
- Most off-road vehicles must have proof of liability insurance if the driver or owner causes an accident
- Most, have restrictions for even crossing public highways
- Most, if not all, off-road vehicles, must be registered.
- The off-road vehicles must not be operated on the main roads
- Some states have safety school and safety certificate requirements, engine capacity restrictions and helmet restrictions
All off-road vehicles must be operated safely. Just because there isn’t a license requirement, doesn’t mean the driver and the owner can’t be held responsible. If the driver is responsible for an accident, they will have to pay damages. The same holds true for the owner. Since many drivers and owners are underage, the parents may be held accountable too.
Various Types of Off-Road Vehicles
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) – Three or four wheel vehicles, with low-pressure tires, a seat and handlebars designed to handle different types of terrains. A quad is a type of ATV.
- Dirt Bike – Bikes designed for use on rough terrain.
- Dune Buggies – Off-road vehicles that usually have oversized tires and are operated on sand.
- Jet Skis – Watercraft vehicles designed for fast movement in water. They’re popular because of their speed and their affordability.
- Snowmobiles – Winter vehicles which can be operated on snow and ice. Snowmobiles are a popular winter vehicle, especially in states which experience more traditional winter climates like NJ and PA.
Contact Garber Law Off-Road Vehicle Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
When you or a loved one has been injured or killed because someone improperly operated a jet ski, dune buggy, quad, snowmobile, ATV or any off-road device, Garber Law wants to help. If you were the sole operator an off-road vehicle that flipped or failed to operate properly, we will help you get the recovery you deserve. We have weekend and evening appointments available. We also make off-site and hospital visits. Contact us online or call us at 856-282-0398 in Camden County, New Jersey or in Philadelphia at 866-556-2962. We try cases in New Jersey including Trenton, Mercer County, and Burlington County. We also try cases in Pennsylvania including Philadelphia, Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County and Chester County.