South Jersey Commercial Truck Accident Attorney
Garber Law serves both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We have been practicing personal injury law in Camden County, NJ, for more than 28 years. Our experience includes trying cases and negotiating fair settlements for automobile accidents. Because of the seriousness of commercial accidents and the complexities of these accidents, you need a skilled personal injury lawyer to handle your claim. Commercial truck accidents are often more severe than car accidents because the vehicles are larger and harder to control. There are additional rules and regulations that control which drivers are allowed to drive commercial trucks, how they’re supposed to drive and how the truck is supposed to perform. The truck is normally owned by someone other than the driver and it becomes crucial to identify the proper owner. We help you get compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage and pain and suffering.
Types of Commercial Vehicles
- Tractor Trailer
- 18 Wheelers
- Hazardous Materials Carriers
- Moving Vans
- Delivery Trucks
Commercial Trucks and Commercial Vehicles Are Dangerous
Because of their size and weight, commercial vehicles need more room and more angles to make proper turns, the likelihood of severe injury is much greater. Additionally, commercial vehicles have to deal with difficult blind spots, loads that might spill onto other vehicles and other road conditions. At Garber Law, our South Jersey auto accident attorneys can help you if you’ve been injured in a commercial truck-related accident, including those caused by:
- Brake Failure
- Driver Fatigue
- Motor Vehicle Regulation Violations – common violations are that the truck is oversized, overweight or too wide.
- Motor Vehicle Moving Violations such as speeding, tailgating and following too closely.
- Improper Driver Training
- Improper Truck Inspections
- Using a cell phone
- Trucking companies making the truck drivers meet unreasonable performance schedules
- Improper loading and securing of freight
We File Lawsuits against Negligent Drivers
- Individual drivers. Drivers or passengers in any other vehicle on the road and pedestrians can sue if they were hurt to recoup their medical bills, lost wages, property damage and pain and suffering. The personal injury lawyers at Garber Law will work to get you the results you deserve.
- Commercial vehicle drivers. In many cases, the driver of the commercial vehicle is the one who is hurt. The driver’s remedy is to bring a worker’s compensation claim against the employer or the employer’s insurance carrier. If a third party (other than the employer) can be shown to be at fault, then the driver can sue the third party.
Who are the Defendants in a Commercial Driving Accident?
One of our key goals is to determine who’s responsible. Many people or companies can be responsible. In addition to the driver, the owner(s) of the vehicle, the vehicle manufacturer and retailer, vehicle part suppliers, shippers and others may be responsible.
How Garber Law Can Help in NJ and PA Commercial Driver Accident Cases
We will investigate the cause(s) of the accidents and work with experts such as engineers and accidents reconstructionists to determine the cause of the accident; with physicians to prove the extent of your injuries; with economic experts to construct your monetary losses and other experts that may be needed. We will negotiate with your insurance carriers to get you a fair settlement and try your case before a judge or jury if the insurance company will not give you a fair settlement. We know the Federal, New Jersey and Pennsylvania laws that apply and the federal and local agencies that regulate commercial drivers. We know how the trucking industry works.
Contact Garber Law Commercial Accident Lawyers Today
When you or a loved one has been injured or killed because of a commercial truck accident or any accident, you need to contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Garber Law. Make an appointment for a free initial consultation and get the representation you deserve. We will help you get the recovery you deserve. We have evening and weekend appointments available and will also make off-site and hospital visits. Contact us online or call us at 856-282-0398 in Camden County, New Jersey or in Philadelphia at 866-556-2962. We try cases in New Jersey including Trenton, Mercer County, and Burlington County. We also try cases in Pennsylvania including Philadelphia, Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County and Chester County.