• $10,000,000.00
    Leg Amputation
  • $3,000,000.00
    Traumatic Injury
  • $2,250,000.00
    Auto Accident
View More Results

Free Consultation 24/7
Nights & Weekends

Settlements & Verdicts

Get the compensation
you deserve

View more results
  • $10,000,000.00
    Leg Amputation
  • $5,000,000.00
    Truck Accident
  • $3,000,000.00
    Traumatic Injury

Filing for Property Damage After A Car Accident

Property Damage Claims for car accidents
If you were injured in a car accident in Voorhees, NJ call the personal injury lawyers at Garber Law to file a claim

A car accident can lead to a long list of expenses. While the cost of repairing your car is one of these costs, it is not the only one. This may lead you to consider what other costs you can receive compensation for. This guide will help you consider what costs, in addition to car damages, can be collected following an accident.

Recoverable Accident Property Damages

If you are eligible for compensation for property damages following a car accident, you may also receive compensation for the following:

  • Your personal items on your body: If any of your personal items were damaged in the car accident, you may be able to include them in your personal injury lawsuit. This might include your reading glasses, sunglasses, jewelry, clothing, a favorite pair of shoes, or even a backpack that you were carrying.
  • Your personal items in your vehicle: It is possible for items in your vehicle to be damaged in a car accident. This might include things like your laptop, smartphone, CD player, or even a child’s car seat. This would also include any items that you have in the trunk, like work equipment or your sporting items.

Some things may be covered, while also may not. It is always a good idea to check if it can be included in your car accident lawsuit before filing.

How to Request Compensation for Personal Property

If you are involved in a car accident, your insurance company, or the other drivers, may request an inventory of items. They may ask for information like your preferred mechanic or where you towed your car following the car accident. When submitting this information, it is also a good idea to go through your vehicle for your belongings. 

Take note of any damaged items, like your phone or laptop. If possible, it can also be helpful to take a photograph of these items for additional proof.

When to Work With a Car Accident Lawyer

Because New Jersey is a no-fault auto accident state, you will rely on your own insurance company to cover your damages. However, insurance companies often have a maximum amount that they will cover. Some car accidents, especially ones with a lot of property damages, can exceed this amount. While you may be able to pursue additional compensation from the at-fault party or their insurance company, you may need to consult with a lawyer to do so.

This is referred to as a personal injury lawsuit. It follows different laws than the ones you follow by your insurance company. There are also time limits in place. If you were in a car accident with a lot of property damages, it may be beneficial to at least reach out to a personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer can help you take an inventory of the items damaged in the accident. 

They can help you calculate a value for your case, which is the amount that you want to receive in compensation through a lawsuit. This value is also important in considering settlements.

Contact A Cherry Hill Personal Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Car Accident Case in New Jersey

Did you or a loved one sustain serious injuries due to a car accident in New Jersey? Don’t let the medical bills pile up while you wait for the negligent party or their insurance company to do the right thing. Right now, you need an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, fighting to get you the compensation you need, want, and deserve. The skilled attorneys at Garber Law represent clients injured because of a car accident in Camden, Cherry Hill, Gloucester Township, Winslow, and throughout New Jersey. Call (856) 435-5800 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a consultation about your case. We have an office conveniently located at The Greens of Laurel Oak, 1200 Laurel Oak Road, Suite 104, Vorhees, NJ 08043, as well as an office in Philadelphia, PA.

The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.

How Can We Help You?

Request a free consultation


The Greens of Laurel Oak
1200 Laurel Oak Road, Suite 104
Voorhees, NJ 08043

Phone: 856-281-1480

Fax: 856-435-7676

Map and Directions


Aramark Building
1101 Market Street, Suite 2820
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Phone: 866-556-2962

Map and Directions

Areas We Serve

We serve clients in South Jersey and throughout the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Metro Area, including Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Atlantic County and Salem County NJ.