Municipal Court Lawyers in Voorhees, NJ | Traffic Ticket Lawyers
Traffic Violations Defended in all of South Jersey
The municipal court is the town-specific court. Every town in New Jersey has them, though some towns share with neighboring municipalities. These courts are spread throughout the county you live in. Municipal Courts in New Jersey handle the following types of matters:
- Motor Vehicle Violations – Traffic violations such as speeding or reckless driving; license suspensions; failure to have insurance and other motor vehicle violations. These violations can cause points to be added to your driving record and can result in fines and penalties. If you get too many points you may lose your license, the right to drive and even your job. If you’re convicted, your insurance premiums will probably go up.
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence) and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) – these cases can be quite serious. They can result in jail time, fines and penalties along with increased insurance rates. They can also result in a license suspension or even a license revocation. If convicted, you will be required to attend education courses and you may be required to use an interlock Ignition device before you start your car. Second and third DUIs and DWIs have even harsher penalties.
- Criminal Mischief, Disorderly Conduct, Small Theft and similar crimes – For theft cases, if the value is under $200 it will be heard in New Jersey Municipal Court. If the value is over $200, then it will be heard in New Jersey Superior Court.
- Building Code Violations
- Fish and Gaming Violations
- Minor Drug Charges such as CDS in a motor vehcile
More serious cases (ones that usually begin with an indictment or could begin with an indictment) are tried in New Jersey Superior Court.
How Garber Law Can Help
We will explain your rights such as:
- A presumption of innocence
- The right to know the charges against you
- The right to remain silent
- The right to cross-examine the witnesses against you
- The right to subpoena witnesses to testify on your behalf
- We will investigate your case including examining the scene, talking to witnesses and reviewing physical evidence
- We will explain the process to you at every stage
- We will explain what defenses are available (such as suppression of evidence or challenging the grounds for the arrest) and how we intend to pursue those defenses
- We will review possible alternatives such as diversionary programs which give you a trial period to show you’re serious about your offense. If you meet the terms of the diversionary program your charges may be dropped or reduced.
- We will explain the consequences of a conviction
- We will explain your appeal rights.
Contact Garber Law for Your FREE South Jersey Municipal Court Criminal Defense Consultation
Do not deal with Municipal Court crime charges alone. If you or a loved one has been arrested for a New Jersey Municipal Court crime, you need to speak with our experienced criminal attorneys. Garber Law has experience handling a wide variety of criminal cases. You need a lawyer who will be compassionate but aggressive in defending your rights. We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have evening and weekend appointments available and will also make off-site and prison visits. Contact us online or call us at 856-282-0398 in Camden County, New Jersey or in Philadelphia at 866-556-2962. We try cases in New Jersey including Trenton, Mercer County, and Burlington County.